Monday, May 13, 2013

Ten Day Fast



Drinking smoothies, juices, broths, teas, and waters for 10 days is going to be fun. So far, I am really positive and my body is feeling good, so we shall see what it feels like tomorrow. :-p

I've been trying to answer why I felt called to do this fast and there is not one definite answer. I want to try something I've never really attempted to try before because its fun and sparks my inner-warrioress. The word Clarity came to mind, so I am wondering how this word will weave through this fast. I have also been pretty unhealthy as of late and not taking care of my body as I should, so I hope this fast will be a reset button.

But most of all I want to prove to myself I can follow through with this. Show up for myself and the others in the group. I tend to start something but then move one fairly quickly, or lose the passion.

It feels like since the day I left home, it has been one transition after the other. I adjusted to a new place, changed majors multiple times, moved in with my love, and now I am ready to end this cycle. These next two weeks will also be concluding my graduate studies. I am leaving early. I am letting this go. I love museums and will keep visiting them, but I realize this path is no longer for me. I am ready to close the door of my college/school days and let this chapter rest. When I was growing up, my goal was to get out of my hometown and go to school. And that is what I did. I have two Bachelor degrees in Theater and Anthropology and I am proud to have earned them. However, I started letting the 'shoulds' and fears of being different hold me back from my true passions, and with student loans looming ahead,  I started to use college as a crutch. I am ready to brave this new journey and fly out of the nest. I'm ready to create my own NEST.

This Fast is exactly what I need right now, and it also ends the last day of my classes. Coincidence? I think not. New Beginnings, anyone?

I also just became a Certified Holistic Life Coach, and my heart is bursting with possibilities. I am so excited for Moondaughter and where she is flowing.

So for now, I sip my tulsi/raspberry leaf tea and observe this flow of energy. 

I may be more grumpy tomorrow.

Love and Blessings,
Marissa Moondaughter

6 comments:

  1. that's amazing, i wish you the best as you step off that path and onto one that's more right for you. good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What group are you fasting with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. <3 Have a wonderful fast, friend. If you've found a certain one, or even a certain guideline page, I'd love if you could send 'tis my way for future reading. If you ever need an extra dose of support, in anyway (obviously not just with your fast!), please e-mail me or send me a message on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your fast, i have only tried them for a few day max. Cant wait to see how your journey goes Marissa :)

    Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope it goes easily for you! I did the last 10 day fast, and I felt so amazing after. It actually changed the whole way I eat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going through similar changes and creating a new part of my life after I finish school also. I have only done a fast for about a week, and it was tough! Maybe I will give it another go. I definitely have some bad eating habits as of late and need to get back onto the healthy route. Good luck Marissa <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...