Saturday, February 2, 2013

10 Day Fast


So.

For my 10 Day Fast over at the Apothecary Circle I am taking a break from social media. Especially on my phone. When I first wake up, I lay in bed for an hour or so just browsing on my phone. I end up skipping breakfast and running out the door rushing to work. A lot of my time and energy revolve around these apps!

And I end up browsing and spend waayyy too much online. So I need to take this break, however uncomfortable it will make me feel.

What will this look like?
~Erasing my apps on the phone.
~Only checking my email up to 3 times a day.
~Keep my monitor off at work unless I need to use my work files
~Keep a list of alternative things I can do instead.

With this Fast, I am inviting space for more energy, productivity, and nourishing activities. Here is my list of alternatives (in no particular order):
~Yoga
~Read
~Crochet 
~Phone dates/ in-person dates with friends
~Make some herbal goodness!
~Organize our place
~Work on my workshops and other Moondaughter offerings
~More dates with my boy
~Take a shower
~Make my own spa/facial
~Clean make up brushes
~Journal more
~Spend more time out in nature
~Meditate
~Moon magic
~Paint my nails
~Workout

I am still working on readings and will be emailing those this up coming week and I will keep my shop open. I am also scheduling blog posts in advance and scheduling them on my Fb page and twitter. The New Moon giveaway is on February 9th so make sure you enter! This weekend is preparation weekend :)

And of course, I am here for you. Email me whenever if you need to. 

Wish me luck!

Love and Blessings,
Marissa Moondaughter




6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm going to start trying to dedicate one day a week to go 'social media free' (if not totally internet/tv free.) I'm finding myself getting to wrapped up in it and need a break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so proud of you! and i love your alternative list. you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I've distanced myself from the internet for awhile now and really feel an overall feeling of peace and tranquility. It is nice to enjoy life without the distractions and I really feel it has been great! We've been doing way more yoga and working out and nourishing activities. I think it is totally worth it in the long run. I've never been into social networking, I haven't had a personal Facebook since 2009, haha, but taking a break definitely will be rewarding. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck, Marissa!!! I hope this internet fast will work wonders for you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do the same exact thing! I love making my own spa at home. Enjoy your time away from the internet/phone world I bet you will not miss it as much as you thought!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...