Friday, July 13, 2012

Namaste: Downward Kitty


Hello lovely readers, I have been trying to get back into a yoga routine for quite sometime, but alas, I am so lax about it. I should honor my body better!

The other day, I tried to do some yoga from one of my fave yoga DVD's by the Yoga Goddess Shiva Rea. Yoga Shakti is such a great, all encompassing yoga workout to have. I feel Shiva does a wonderful job at blending the body and spirit aspects together. Plus she is just gorgeous to watch!




I also read a little excerpt from A Year of Living Yoga by Judith Hanson Lasater. There is a little devotional for each day, it's a great way to start your yoga session or day. Such a beautiful daily read. It gives you a quote, and a little exercise to do on the mat and in your daily life. July 13th's quote is:

"My words reflect my thoughts; my thoughts reflect my beliefs;and my beliefs run my life."


As I was yoga-ing, this little boy had to investigate and I was done for (especially trying to attack my hair in Downward Dog!). He is just too cute, so I had to take these pictures.



I am not giving up hope for a yoga routine! Life is a journey, so it will happen :) One of my dear dear friends will be posting up a yoga routine on here soon! So stay tuned, lovelies!

Have a great, relaxing, sweet summer weekend!

Namaste,
Marissa Moondaughter







10 comments:

  1. Aw, what a cute kitty! I've been meaning to get into yoga. I should get on that, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! I took a class today and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i found your blog tonight through rain's blog....and i'm so glad i did. i have a version of that quote that my spiritual teacher taught me "my thoughts become my actions, my actions become my habits and my habits become my reality". your kitty is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I am so glad you found me! That quote is so true!! It is such a good reminder, and intention to set your day. Theo is getting so big now, I don't want him to grow up so fast!!

      Delete
  4. I have some yoga DVDs and this post inspired me to get around to viewing them perhaps today. I would love to take a class but with a baby son that's a bit much. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, did you get one of them out? Dvd's are so convenient to have, Especially if you have a young one!! I am so happy I could inspire you! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  5. My cats are ALWAYS getting in the way when I do yoga! It's annoying, but they're too cute to shoo away. Since I blog about yoga, maybe we should do a collaboration sometime!
    http://abyahayoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to!!! Email me @ marissa.moondaughter@gmail.com!!

      Delete
  6. Love this post! My boyfriend and I try to do yoga every morning! It just makes you feel so good throughout the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!! I am trying to get my boyfriend to do yoga with me, but that means I also need to do it too!! I am getting there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...