Friday, June 29, 2012

10 Days of Juicing: Day 2


So Today...

I had the BEST breakfast juice! I read it is best to have your fruits juiced in the morning and stick with veggies for the rest of the day, with a dash of fruit for flavor. So my morning juice consisted of:

  • 1 mango
  • 2 white peaches
  • 1 bartlett pear
  • a handful of spinach

It was sooo good! Definitely going to keep this one in my recipe list! It was a little thicker, almost like a smoothie, and so tropically sweet! Yum.mie.


The Lunch juice... Not so appetizing. I was feeling very nauseated after this.


I had to drink a sip a water after each sip of juice... next time I will stick to an actual recipe! It was very beety and earthy... INTENSE.


This drink from Mother's Market was better, and called the Goddess of Greens. Love the name!

But I have to admit something, at the end of Day 2, I failed. I gave in and had a quinoa salad. My lunch drink was so disgusting to me, I couldn't juice after that. Even the Goddess of Greens couldn't bring me back. I feel really bad about it. And again, today what is supposed to be Day 3,  I had a light lunch of salad and apricots. 

Maybe adjusting the plan is okay. It is easier for me to juice in the morning and evening, and have a lunch at work.  

Besides my failure, I notice my teeth feel cleaner throughout the day. Towards the end of the day I usually feel the buildup of all the junk I throw in my mouth, but my teeth just feel better. I guess that should probably happen if you eat the right things!

So I guess I don't know where this leaves me. I am still going to juice, but maybe not be so spontaneous and prep more if I am going to fast. For now, I'll be juicing a lot and eating light lunches and dinners. I am sorry if I disappointed any of you who wanted to read more of my juicing experience, but I will definitely post some great juice recipes I find! Definitely try the one above, it is so so good!

Love and Blessings,
Marissa Moondaughter

6 comments:

  1. Brave woman! I've never been able to convince myself to try one of those green juices. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! They can be pretty intense! I am definitely still getting use to them :o

      Delete
  2. Aww you look so discouraged in that pic. I guess I would too if a healthy drink made me feel ill. Don't give up though! I'm sure you will feel incredible by the end if you continue. Plus, I've always been curious about juicing and would love to read your story as it progresses :)

    http://shaktidove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shakti! Unfortunately once I ate solid food I couldn't get back on the wagon! But I am easing myself into it and will definitely do the real thang in the near future. I will keep you posted!

      Delete
  3. Im having a hard time with juice/smoothies lately too. I am tryig to have more "green" drinks but a lot of them make me sick to my stomach! Especially wheat grass, I react quite violently to it! So for now I am using lots of spinich, kale, and avocado. And carrots YUMO! I just recently found your blog and I LOVE IT! LOVE! I am a fellow moon follower, it isnice to find a kindred soul

    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never been able to convince myself to try one of those green juices. :)
    apa essay format

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...