Thursday, August 16, 2012

Arizona Part 1: Flagstaff


Words cannot really capture what I experienced in Arizona. I am not even sure pictures can either. My whole life I have never really felt like I have had a true home. I grew up in Napa, moved down to Southern California, but it has all felt the same to me. I have often wondered if my soul would ever be content somewhere, and up to this point, I have accepted that my roots would never experience sinking deep into a "true home," whatever that meant anyway.

But Arizona. I can feel my roots seeking deeply there. There is something so majestic and spiritual in that region, I still cannot wrap my head around it. Maybe I am not supposed to; over-thinking is overrated anyway. Now that I am back, it is so painfully apparent how unrooted I really am here.It is hard to concentrate, and my soul longs to go back to that Wilderness. I truly miss that place. 

I must get back there, and I must live there one day. I am not sure when or how, but it will happen. For now I can share these pictures with you all. There are lots more to come from the Grand Canyon and Sedona.

Love and Blessings,
Marissa Moondaughter



10 comments:

  1. Oh, lovely post, lady. I adore those sunflowers. I am a nature girl, I like being outside, in the wilderness - especially in the country. My wife and I worked at Ruby's Inn in Bryce Canyon and we were surrounded by clear night skys, every star visible, pine trees and Western appeal (much like that picture you posted!) I don't miss that place, but I do miss being on the water (our first job.) I belong in water!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG - stayed at Ruby's during a trip to Bryce...love Bryce! Lucky you!

      Delete
  2. Arizona is a super special place - especially northern AZ. My husband allllmost landed a job at Northern Arizona U in Flagstaff this spring, and when he didn't get it, we were crushed. I feel that same pull to live there, too! Beautiful pics, btw.
    http://abhayayoga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh I would be crushed too! One day Sondra, maybe we will both be living there!

      Delete
  3. Sedona rocks!!!! (And its red rocks rock, too!) Looking forward to more pics. (I discovered your blog through Rain's Sacred Life blog.....love the moon cycle info you've posted!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail! Isn't Rain divine? So glad you love my blog! Stop by often :)

      Delete
  4. You didn't stay in one of those Tee-Pee motels did you? LOL! One of my favorite things when I visited Flagstaff, was the giant pine trees. Northern AZ is a magical place. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos from Sedona. I have never been there. Hugs xxxx Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that Kim! NEXT TIME...TEEPEE hotels!! Sedona was magical! We need to go there together! It was not even that hot, it was perfect.

      Delete
  5. I know how you feel love. Whenever I am at the baltic sea I feel at home and I am always sad, when I have to return. I love my hometown a lot but the sea has its own magic wich cassa spell over me.

    It's the same with Ireland. During my stay there I felt, that I belong there...

    I think we all have those places and one day, we'll find each other right there where we belong to. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your words, love. Such a comfort <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...